Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Praise From Mallory

I wouldn't normally praise myself, or should I say, I would never devote an entire blog post to self-praise. But, this is a special circumstance and actually, I'm not praising myself; I'm just sharing with you some praise I got from someone else. This is a picture of my cousin's 5-year-old daughter Mallory:


It was taken at our wedding back in August, 2007, when Mallory was 3. Isn't she sweet? She is still and always has been very intelligent. I always look forward to hearing stories from her mother (Erin) about the impossibly random things she says. Example: A couple of years ago Mallory had done something she wasn't supposed to do and when her father (Zach) reprimanded her and explained to her why she shouldn't have done it, she simply looked at him and said, "Thank you for telling me all of those words." She was only 3!

For Mother's Day I sent this card to Erin:


A few days later I got an email from her and this is what Mallory said about the card from me:
"Becky is so good at making cards. I think she is the best person in the world at making cards. I would never tell her she's bad at making cards because she's so good. She should be a card maker when she grows up."

Thank you Mallory! That's the best compliment I've ever gotten! I know I'm not the best card maker out there, but I certainly do enjoy creating them and would love to be a card maker when I grow up! I'm trying...(I just put this card in my ShopHandmade store.)

Thanks for letting me be a little self-indulgent today!

1 comment:

erin said...

I'm so glad Mallory made your day! She meant every word, and I second that. You are extremely talented.... the joy and love that you put into each card is evident and that is why, quite simply, you are "the best card maker in the world." We miss you!
Erin