Saturday, February 7, 2009

Cute as a Button!


The next card I made is a baby card. February marks the start of Wedding and Baby Season--though I'm not sure why since babies are born all year long. But I suppose that it's close enough to spring which means time to think about new beginnings and isn't a baby the very essence of that? (My own sweet niece Violet is turning 2 in April and my cousin's smarty-pants daughter Mallory turns 5 in March so there are a couple of older-new beginnings for you.)

For this design I took a 4" square scallop chipboard tile from Maya Road and covered it with yellow polka dotted paper from Stampin' Up! as the base of the card. I made a smaller folded card out of Sage cardstock from Paper Source and dotted it with buttons, stamps and ribbon, then adhered it to the scallop base. To finish the whole thing off, I tied a flower to the upper corner. How sweet!


{Supplies: Cardstock: Sage (Paper Source); Paper: So Saffron dots (Stampin' Up!); Chipboard: 4" Scallop Square (Maya Road); Stamps: "Cute as a button" (Fiskars), "Hello" & "Little one" (Papertrey Ink); Ribbon: Green satin (Offray), Green grosgrain polka dot (Michael's), Buttons: (American Crafts, Autumn Leaves), Flower: (Prima)}

This little guy (or girl) will also be featured at casualfriday.etsy.com. Once my Etsy page is up and running, I will make a grand announcement here on the blog and will have a permanent link to my page, as well. In the meantime, check out Etsy anyhow--it's got millions of handmade products from jewelry to clothing to paper goods and everything in between. Happy shopping! I'm coming back after dinner with at least one more post! Can you believe it??

1 comment:

Gayle said...

This is my favorite baby card! SUPER STINKIN' CUTE! :)