Saturday, March 7, 2009

Very Nearly Spring!


The Spring Solstice is just around the corner, Daylight Saving begins early, early tomorrow morning, and our American "Psycho" Bulldog, Rudie, is acting like a spazz because she just got a bath outside! What a perfect time to make some spring-themed cards. It also happens that there is a new challenge happening over at LilyBean's Paperie which inspired the card I'm showing for this post. The "rules" for this one were to include a pocket of some sort, ribbon, buttons, stripes, and the color pink. The prize is a very pretty apron from JillieWillie (she makes such fun things!) and, once again, all of the entries I've seen so far are so creative and colorful. I like these directional challenges, I think, more than the "sketch" challenges because you can let your creatively flow and, try as I might, I can never stick to the rules of the sketches!

So, thank you, Melissa, for giving us such a fun palette of things with which to work. As I have seen in the other entries, everyone seemed to possess a limitless imagination! Here is my humble entry:



I used my Making Memories Circle Cutter for the FIRST time to cut the circles and trim the Basic Grey papers. I glued two Raspberry Fizz circles together and cut the piece just under the center and that gave me my pocket, in which I put a little card and a decorated sheer bird ornament. (A complete list of supplies can be found below.)

Now I just have to decide who I'll send this to--my mom truly deserves it since I was the most horrible daughter this week when I MISSED her birthday! Please note the wording--I did not FORGET her birthday; I MISSED it by a day. The whole week I was thinking that her birthday (March 4) was Thursday and on that day, I planned to Skype with her and my dad on our web cams since I am 3000 miles away from them. So when Thursday came around I happened to look at my calendar--which I did not do on Wednesday--and to my horror, I realized it was the 5th! So Mom, I know you said you that weren't upset (just worried) when your birthday came and went with no word from me, but I really am very sorry to have missed your birthday! Incidentally, my folks are headed out here for a week on March 24th so I will have plenty of opportunities to atone for my big mistake.

Chatty, chatty, chatty! I hope you like the card and thank you, Melissa Phillips, for the chance to play along in your new challenge. Everything you make is truly amazing and I thank you for that, too.

{Supplies: Cardstock: Raspberry Fizz (Papertrey Ink); Paper: Striped, Green, Light Pink from "Sultry" collection (Basic Grey), Brown Polka Dots (Jenni Bowlin); Green Velvet Flower: (Imaginisce); Ribbon/Fibers: New Leaf Satin, Raspberry Fizz Grosgrain (Papertrey Ink), Sheer Pink, Lace (Wright's), Floss (DMC), Linen Thread (Stampin' Up!), Fuzzy Pink (Michael's); Buttons: (Papertrey Ink, Jo-Ann); Rub-Ons: White Flowers (Daisy D's), "Spring has sprung" (American Crafts); "Dwell in possibilities" (Stampin' Up!); Sheer Bird: (Maya Road); Gem: (Target); Stamps: "Beauty is all around" with flourish (Autumn Leaves); Ink: New Leaf, Raspberry Fizz (Papertrey Ink); Circle Cutter: (Making Memories); 3" Scallop Circle Punch: (Marvy Uchida)}


1 comment:

Melissa said...

Very sweet...what a darling and creative idea!
Thanks for playing along.
Melissa