Monday, June 15, 2009

Black is the Colour

This is the color challenge for the week over on Dawn McVey's Raspberry Suite blog:

It ended up being a really great color combination and here is my card (click on picture for larger image):

My card is soft and romantic and the black tulle even makes it a little sexy, I think. I used Leaf from Paper Source as my green shade and used some 7 Gypsies decorative paper and a piece of old sheet music. The black glitter letters are from American Crafts and the pearl stick pin is Maya Road. I made the cream flower out of wire ribbon and some black tulle circles, plus a button and some adhesive pearls from Kaisercraft. For something a different, I cut a piece of black tulle a little bit bigger than the size of my card and hand-stitched it to my decorated papers.


That's all for today!

6 comments:

Dawn said...

Yes, the black tulle does make it sexy! Love how you layered it over the paper, and repeated it in the flower. Just perfect.

Susan said...

I love it! So many different textures!

Maureen P said...

Love the sheet music background and details like the flower and stitching...great job on this week's challenge :)

Tiffany Heilman said...

Great use of Tulle! Love the flowers, the backgrounds, and letters. Beautiful!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Super fun! Great background and hat pins. Fabulous job on the color combo!

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Winter said...

Oh, I love it! The tulle is too cute! Top pick for sure! :)