Sunday, June 14, 2009

Sweet Violet

My sweet niece Violet recently turned 2 in April and she's already a total ham. I don't get to see her much since my sister (Emily) and her family are still on the East Coast while I am on the West Coast, but I get lots of pictures and hear lots of stories. She always gets on the phone to say "Hi" to me when I'm talking to Emily and the other day I was surprised to hear that she had picked up a southern accent somewhere. They have always lived in upstate New York so I don't know how Miss Violet developed her southern inflection, but it sure is cute! "Hi Aunt Beck" suddenly became "Ha Aint Back."

Here is a photo Arvin took of Violet and me when we visited a month after she was born:


(He was experimenting with a new camera and I was wearing a salmon-colored shirt! He LOVES his cameras!)
And here is Violet a couple weeks ago:


What a silly little tomboy! Emily said she makes that face a lot.

Emily and Mike took her to the Buffalo Zoo on her birthday this year and coincidentally, I made her a card with an elephant on it.


I used a Basic Grey chipboard elephant, a journal diecut from Making Memories, and a "happy birthday" stamp from Pink Persimmon. I stitched a piece of lace onto the diecut for some texture. I don't think Violet's old enough to appreciate this kind of stuff yet, but she is one of my most favorite people to make cards for.

Hope you had a great weekend. I can't believe the stupid Lakers won the NBA Championship. I HATE them! It was so great when they lost last year. Ah, memories...

No comments: