Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Simple Comforts From Mom

Just popping in quick tonight to show you a sweet, feminine card I made inspired by my mom. As soon as I saw the vintagey label from Melissa Frances, I immediately thought of my mom and all things "home." (OK, that includes you, too, Dad!) My parents' home has a folk-country style and my mom puts out a lot of quilts and antiques and candles and so this sticker reminds me of growing up in New York. Even the jute twine I tied onto the tag makes me think of being out in the vineyard with my dad. August and September are the best months to be there for the smell of the grapes ripe and ready for harvesting but I love, love, love NY summers! June 27th is my dad's birthday and that means strawberry shortcake! Fresh, locally grown berries and big, fluffy biscuits...I miss it!

I didn't mean to be so nostalgic, but, well, that's the feeling this card is supposed to invoke. This one's for my mom but I just posted a very similar one in my ShopHandmade store.

Extra is on TV right now--you know, the gossip show? I NEVER watch it (more of an E! fan for celebrity gossip!). I'm in my little studio working away at the blog and a few other things so it's just on in the background. I have a headache right now and I've had it for the last few hours. I just learned from Extra that because it's on just one side of my head, it could be a leaking aneurysm and I might be dying. Yes, that was one of their stories tonight--5 Things You Don't Know That Might Kill You! So, just letting you know that this could be my last-ever blog post! (But let's hope not...)

Have a good night!

No comments: